Take a look at the latest news, updates and releases from Virtual Reality in the fresh edition of our monthly VR digest:
Google & Lenovo
Google adds support for two controllers to Daydream SDK and Lenovo Mirage Solo with GVR SDK for Unity v1.150.0
Multiple controller support:
- New GvrControllerInputDevice class for accessing controllers
- New GvrControllerButton enum for specifying controller buttons. Values can be OR'ed together to create a multi-button mask.
- New GvrTrackedController property to specify which hand GvrTrackedController tracks.
Learn more on github.com.
VUE 2016 R6
The free trial versions of its VUE 2016 and PlantFactory 2016 R6 software are also immediately available.
- UI/UX and navigation improvements
- Atmospheric effects and lighting
- EcoSystem populations with native instances in 3dsMax, Maya, and Cinema4D
- VUE xStream now supports LightWave 2018
- Up to 6x faster EcoSystem cache generation
For more check magazine.renderosity.com
Leap Motion has released a series of concept videos teasing a technological future where augmented and virtual reality have collided to form a ‘parallel reality’ of sorts.
Find out more on vrscout.com
RailClone 3.2 Available
RailClone 3.2 is a compatibility update to support the most recent version of 3ds Max, V-Ray and Arnold – Autodesk’s powerful new renderer, included in 3ds Max from version 2018 and above.
- Harmonised input names
- Library Updates
- Use Bevelled Corners with Adaptive and Scale mode
- Improved Randomisation
- Support for V-Ray Next
Read more on itoosoft.com.
Real HDR Available
PlaySys has released Real HDR, a new tool that helps its users generate custom 32-bit HDR files.
- Real HDR’s 2D previews are said to be converted to traditional 8-bit RGB and HSV in real-time for visual editing with the output being a normalized, full float range image.
- Speed-up your workflow without changing your pipeline
- RGB & HSV conversions and colour portabilityLinear Color for vivid results
More on real-hdr.com.
VR Experiments in Space
Gerst participates in the experiments using a modified Oculus Rift headset aboard the space station to experience virtually simulated tasks like objects floating by for him to grab without gravity. A 3D motion tracker that updates in real time responds to his hand, arm and body motions. The headset has also been upgraded for this study with an infrared sensor unit worn around the waist to provide information about the position of Gerst’s body in relation to his arm movements.
Learn more on blogs.esa.int.
Pixologic has updated ZBrushCore with exciting features from ZBrush2018.1 to expand and improve the platform.
- VDM Brushes (Vector Displacement Mesh Brushes)
- Gizmo 3D Deformers and Primitives
- 3D Text and Shape Creator Plugin
- Decimation Master Plugin with Presets
- 3D Print Hub Plugin
- Export Menu Added with Export Value Controls
- Mesh Position Sliders
- Mesh Size Sliders
Read more on zbrushcore.com.
Watch Lone Echo and Fallout 4 VR played with Valve’s Knuckles controllers. Find out more on imore.com.
VR Exhibit allows visually impaired to ‘see’ art. More on touchingmasterpieces.com.
Full-Body VR Haptic HoloSuit Shipping This November. More info on venturebeat.com.
SharePoint Spaces brings Mixed Reality to Microsoft Office 365. Read more on vrscout.com.
Plexus unveils VR/AR gloves compatible with major VR controllers. More info on plexus.im.
PayPal sees a future with AR Glasses. Learn more on paypal.com.
Finalists of 2018 VR Awards by VR Bound
- VR Headset of the Year Nominees: HTC – Vive Pro
- VR Game of the Year Nominees: Bethesda Softworks – Fallout 4 VR
- VR Experience of the Year Nominees: REWIND – Silicon Valley: Inside The Hacker Hostel
- VR Film of the Year Nominees: Baobab Studios – Asteroids!
Find out other nominees on awards.vrbound.com.
Steam Leak Reveals Detailed Player Counts For Top VR Games
- Rec Room – 316 K
- Job Simulator – 200 K
- Space Pirate Trainer – 179 K
- Arizona sunshine – 168 K
- SUPERHOT VR – 158 K
- Fallout 4 VR – 133 K
- Skyrim VR – 99 K
- The Gallery – Episode 1 – 92 K
- Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality – 84 K
- Fruit Ninja VR – 75 K
- The Brookhaven Experiment – 74 K
- Holopoint – 60 K
- Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope – 53 K
- Sairento – 43 K
- Out of Ammo – 35 K
- DOOM VFR – 34 K
- Duck Season – 30 K
- Talos Principle VR – 26 K
- Cosmic Trip – 17 K
- LA Noire VR – 17 K
- Sprint Vector – 16 K
- Eagle Flight – 13 K
- Ultrawings – 12 K
- Hot Dogs, Horseshoes & Hand Grenades – 9.7 K
- The Gallery – Episode 2 – 7.8 K
- Ark Park – 4.7 K
- Moss – 4.6 K
- Apex Construct – 2.7 K
Read more on medium.com.
VVR? O.o Virtual-Virtual Reality platform!
Learn more on vvr.tenderclaws.com.
July 2018 VR Games
- 18 Floors – Oculus Rift/HTC Vive (July 3)
- Battle 100 – Oculus Rift/HTC Vive (July 3)*Early Access
- Vivez Versailles – Oculus Rift/HTC Vive (July 3)
- Camp Grizzly – Oculus Rift/HTC Vive (July 4)
- Diary of Defender – HTC Vive (July 5)*Early Access
- Zen Space Flight – VR Showcase – Oculus Rift/HTC Vive (July 5)
- Dreamland Defender – HTC Vive (July 6)
- Waba – Oculus Rift/HTC Vive (July 9)*Early Access
- HoloLAB Champions – HTC Vive (July 10)
- Kitten’d – Oculus Rift/HTC Vive (July 10)*Early Access
- Seeking Dawn – Oculus Rift/HTC Vive (July 12)
- VRGROUND : Crazy Farm – HTC Vive (July 12)*Early Access
- Bring to Light – HTC Vive (July 13)
- Dungeon Rush – Oculus Rift/HTC Vive (July 13)*Early Access
- Synth Riders – Oculus Rift/HTC Vive (July 13)*Early Access
- Virtual Fighting Championship – Oculus Rift/HTC Vive (July 14)*Early Access
- 10 seconds – Oculus Rift/HTC Vive (July 16)
- Fancy Skiing 2: Online – HTC Vive (July 16)
- Furious Seas – Oculus Rift/HTC Vive (July 16)*Early Access
- Trakker – HTC Vive (July 17)*Early Access
- Nano Nebula – Oculus Rift/HTC Vive (July 18)
- Flying Aces – Navy Pilot Simulator – Oculus Rift/HTC Vive (July 20)
- The Persistence – PSVR (July 27)
- Walk on Arrow – Oculus Rift/HTC Vive (July 27)*Early Access
- Boom! Maze – Oculus Rift/HTC Vive (July 2018)
- The Cooking Game VR – Oculus Rift/HTC Vive (July 2018)*Early Access
That's it for July 2018. Stay tuned and subscribe to our newsletter not to miss next month VR digest.