19 Nov 2019
DevOps Competency Manager
Currently, we are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer or DevOps Competency Manager to join our team. We needed a professional whose experience and knowledge help us to develop a DevOps direction in our company.
- working with a sales team to determine solutions to customers’ challenges and supporting the sales team to present proposals to clients;
- assist to implement and develop DevOps team in the company;
- researching, evaluating and recommending DevOps tools in multiple technologies for multiple development teams;
- deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS cloud-based production systems, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability, and security of production systems;
- build, release and configuration management of production systems that need to be supported 24* 7 uptime;
- ensuring critical system security using the best in class cloud security solutions;
- coaching development teams in DevOps practices and guiding the team to implement effective DevOps;
- Work collaboratively in a cross-functional team in an Agile delivery environment;
- Be involved in projects throughout their full software lifecycle: from development, QA, and deployment, to post-production support.
Ideal job profile:
- experience with designing CI/CD pipelines (i.e. GitLab, Jenkins, VSTS, TeamCity, etc.);
- experience with Kubernetes;
- experience with shell scripting;
- experience working on Agile teams;
- solid Linux and Windows experience;
- experience in deploying and managing AWS based cloud infrastructure for web based and enterprise applications;
- experience with one or more general purpose programming/scripting languages;
- knowledge of containerization (Docker is preferable);
- upper-Intermediate level of English, or higher;
- good understanding of TCP/IP networking;
- experience with firewalls, DNS, DHCP, VPN.
- adherence to engineering standards, best practices – be process oriented;
- strong communication skills – reading & comprehending documents/specifications, producing clear and thorough documentation, ability to discuss and explain technical issues during meetings.
Career Development Plan
(e.g. mentorship, professional events, and certification)