08 Jul 2020
Our client is a financial startup for educational organizations, which aim is to reduce transaction costs, track real-time financial transactions, and eliminate bureaucracy from the financial education system.
Our task is to develop and inculcate the update of a new version of a product, that supports millions of users and includes features such as support the subscribing to cards, online transactions, the model of safety, integration with online stores, and other functions.
The client’s financial and customer billing system was developed using .Net technology, which caused a lot of problems, including very slow processing of transactions and the impossibility of support the high system loads. It became apparent to the customer that the product should undergo significant changes to scale the system. It was decided to switch from .Net technology to Node.js technology.
One of the most difficult tasks was the development of the database and architecture for support of such functions, as mass payments for different accounts and maintenance of this system as automatic.
Our team has 5 developers mid-senior level on the project now.
- Analyze requirements and define architecture;
- Ensure overall alignment of architecture with the business needs;
- Technical leadership and participation in technical strategy planning;
- Lead design review meetings, defining technical design for the upcoming sprints and review the previous solutions;
- Define coding and technology standards to maintain a high quality;
- Communicate with the technical, non-technical employees and clients;
- Document and implement governance of architectural principles;
Ideal job profile:
- Ability to communicate with the colleagues and deliver ideas clearly and effectively;
- Recommended to have at least 1-2 years of experience in FinTech;
- At least 4 years of commercial software development experience and 2 years in a Lead/Architect Developer position;
- Proficiency in several programming languages of different paradigms, at least one from the following: Node.js, .NET, Golang, Python
- Expertise in one of the major public cloud services: AWS, GCP, Azure (AWS is preferred)
- Database design, data architecture skills
- Knowledge and practical experience in formal SW modelling notations, SW design patterns/anti-patterns, architecture principles;
- Experience in requirements analysis, development and management;
- Experience in modern Dev-Ops techniques: good understanding of CI/CD, service monitoring and logging techniques;
- Track records of several complex and successful projects;
- Very strong understanding of cloud technologies – has deployed several solutions on the cloud;
- Very strong understanding of networking and complex networking software systems;
- Upper-intermediate level of English is a must;
- Good understanding of business requirements and business needs;
- The detail-oriented personality who does not lose sight of the big picture.
Career Development Plan
(e.g. mentorship, professional events, and certification)