23 Oct 2020
Middle Golang Developer
Messaging platform which is mostly used by Individuals in Indonesia, but is also used in other different countries. Unique differentiator is an ability to send a message via SMS in case there is no internet.
Most closer competitor — WhatsApp.
Currently platform is designed to support 15 millions users but the new version of platform should support 200 millions. Part of the platform is written as a monolith with PHP, however it is being actively migrated to Golang and microservices. As for the time being, the biggest portion of the app is written in Golang. AWS is used as cloud platform.
- development and unit testing of the source code;
- participate in code reviews;
- participate in Agile SDLC;
- enforce standards and best practices;
- English level — intermediate and higher;
- migration of the old backend (PHP) to new one (Go, microservices);
- improvements of testing infrastructure.
Ideal job profile:
- more than 1 year of experience in Software Engineering;
- good OOP / OOD skills and good quality of produced code;
- unit/integration tests skills;
- experience with AWS, WebSockets, PHP will be a plus;
- experience with JS is a plus.
Career Development Plan
(e.g. mentorship, professional events, and certification)