11 Nov 2020
Senior Backend Developer
Our client is a financial startup for educational organizations whose mission is to reduce transaction costs, track financial transactions in real-time, and eliminate bureaucracy from the financial education system.
The client's financial and customer billing system was developed using .Net technology, which caused multiple problems, including extremely slow transaction processing and the impossibility to support high system loads.
It became apparent to the customer that the product should undergo significant changes to enable system scalability.
The decision was made to switch from .Net technology to Node.js technology.
- development and support of new product features according to the business requirements
- work with technical documentation
- support for the current project environment
- preparing integration and unit tests for app logic
- work on refactoring the existing functionality
- suggesting and working on backend architecture improvements
- code review
- MongoDB >v4: it would be great if you could work with mongo replica sets, profiler, metrics, and transactions
- Relational and document-oriented scaling techniques
- good understanding of network processes
- Linux and shell scripting experience
- experience in Object-Role Modeling (ORM)
- static analyzers like ESLint
- logging tools
- TDD / BDD
- UML diagrams
- backend performance optimizations
- security layer optimizations
- AWS (AWS CloudWatch, AWS S3, AWS EC2, AWS CloudFront)
- queues: RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, SQS
- Experience with CI/CD tools like Bitbucket Pipelines, Jenkins, Travis, etc.
- ready to work in the team
- Upper-intermediate level of English
- client-oriented, initiative, ready to not just write code but also to dive into customer's business goals and flows and suggest the best solutions accordingly
- excellent communication skills
- keen on conducting high-quality demo meetings
- ready to go beyond your own limits to search for different approaches to resolve the tasks
Will be a plus:
- bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science
- experience with monitoring tools: Kibana, Grafana, etc
- knowledge of building scaling environment - Docker Compose, Kubernetes, ECS (AWS)
- expertise in Typescript and Python
- any experience with React.js
Career Development Plan
(e.g. mentorship, professional events, and certification)